Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Review - Erin the Fire Goddess: The Beginning

Erin the Fire Goddess: The Beginning by Lavinia Urban

Read: February 31 2014

Find it on Goodreads

Rating: 1/5 stars




Erin Tait is a 15 year old girl, who thinks of herself as a freak. She's moves to her parents home town of Galladale, where all is not what it seems On her first day at school, she meets Sean Jackson. Instantly she is besotted with him. But this results in her being targeted by a girl called Jessica Watson. She has one warning. Stay away from Sean! But he is everywhere she goes, even in her dreams. Which are soon taken over by Jessica's threats and actions against Erin are taken in school. Erin is scared, lonely and confused. Who can she turn to? Will Jessica stop this hate campaign? and can Erin control the fire within?


My Review:


Minor spoilers



It was my own fault for trying to read this book again. I was smarter the first time when I didn't bother getting past the first page.

Usually I don't bother with books that get on my nerves like this one, but I got complaints about how I received it to be negative after reading so little. So I figured that if they were going to be so passionate about it I should probably give it a chance - I really should know better by now. I mean it's usually a bad sign when the author names her characters after her kids. They'll most likely turn out unrealistically perfect or, I imagine, the actual children will be insulted by their character's faults.

Let me begin with the characters:

Erin Tait - She's the main character and the ugly duckling in the family because of her "hideous" birthmark. Despite her insecurities she manages to get the hottest guy around drooling after her. My main issue with her is her has to do mostly with Sean and her poorly explained powers. They had something to do with a rock...

Sean Jackson - The love interest.  His entire life revolves around his 'fire goddess,' Erin, who he decided he was in love with after an incredibly short period of time. He calls her beautiful even though she has the birthmark insecurities going on and doesn't seem to believe him (it really bugged me how she never got over this).

UNREALISTIC

UNREALISTIC

BLAHHH!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment