Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Meteor Men - Review

22358169
On a summer night, Alden Baylor sits in a field watching the largest meteor shower in human history.What begins as teenage adventure becomes something more - the celestial event brings travelers who will change the world completely, and Alden discovers a connection to one of them. How does a young man who had to grow up fast handle the invasion of his planet? Can Alden keep humanity from oblivion? From writer Jeff Parker (Aquaman, Hulk) and artist Sandy Jarrell (Batman'66) comes this story of adolescence, friendship, and hard decisions.

Meteor Men by Jeff ParkerSandy Jarrell and KevinVolo 

Read July 6, 2014

Find it on GoodReads

Rating: 4/5 stars


My Review:
*Thanks to the publisher, Diamond Book Distributors, for the free review copy via Netgalley.*

This is a hard book for me to review, simply because I wasn't quite sure what I thought of it - even as I was reading it. One thing's for sure, "Meteor Men" had a very memorable story line. There were twists and turns in it that I hadn't even considered as possibilities for where the book might go. The art wasn't my absolute favorite, but it was definitely good and really held my attention throughout the storytelling.

Without giving too much away, I'll say that I enjoyed the uniqueness of the aliens and their capabilities. Everything about them was intriguing even by the end, as well as some of the finer points of how Alden, our MC, was involved with them. I would definitely recommend this to science fiction fans and I'm sure that it will gain many fans once published.

No comments:

Post a Comment