Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Review - Every Day

Every Day by David Levithan

Read: September 21 2013

Find it on Goodreads 

Rating: 5/5 stars






Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.



 My Review:


I loved this book. It seems to me that authors often use similar personalities for multiple characters because its easier to create a lot of them that way. David Levithan did not do this at all, for that I am grateful. Although the main character, A, kept the same personality no matter what body he was in, every body he inhabited had a clear and distinct personality. It amazed me how well this was done and I enjoyed watching A struggle to not lose himself/herself/itself(?) to the personalities of those people. I really wish more about A could have been revealed, the story intrigued me so much and I was incredibly sad to see it go. Does
Levithan want me to suffer? I really wish there were more books about A, but I guess that could take away from the magic of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment