Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Review - Rippler


Rippler by Cidney Swanson

 Read: January 16th 2014

Find it on Goodreads

Rating: 2.5/5 stars






 Samantha Ruiz has a freak gene that makes her turn invisible, or ripple. She can’t control it, and it’s getting worse. Afraid of becoming a lab-rat, Sam keeps her ability secret, until fellow runner Will Baker sees her vanish into thin air. Will promises secrecy and help, and Sam begins to fall in love.

Together, the two discover there are worse things than being a scientific curiosity. Someone’s been killing people who possess Sam's gene. A mysterious man from France sends letters that offer hope for safety, but also reveal a sinister connection with Nazi experiments.

The more time Sam spends with Will, the less she can imagine life without him. When Sam uncovers secrets from her past, she must choose between keeping Will in her life or keeping Will safe.


My Review:



 I almost didn't finish this one, but as it was a halfway decent read I don't regret taking the time to finish it. Though I do admit to putting it aside for more than a month before I finally got around to finishing it.

Sam's character wasn't my favorite, it mostly bothered me how much she relied on her precious love interest, but I enjoyed seeing her become - slightly - more independent. The dialogue also got on my nerves, they laughed and guffawed way too much for conversations that weren't really that funny.

A lot of things weren't well explained in the novel either, hopefully because it is the first in a series, and to really get the most out of it the rest of the series will likely need to be read.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this book to people who go nutty over dialogue that can be unrealistic. But anyone who doesn't mind that sort of thing will likely greatly enjoy this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment