Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review - Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Read: 2011

Find it on Goodreads

Rating: 2/5 stars




Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. When she meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen--a vampire--her life takes a thrilling and terrifying romantic turn.



 My Review:



Since everyone was raving about this book by the time I read it I was expecting it to be pretty good.

IT WASN'T

I know that some people did enjoy reading it but I wasn't one of them. So if you are the type of person who doesn't think that Bella Swan was a shallow, boring and unnecessary characters you might not want to read this review.

This book would have been better without the love story. A couple of vegetarian vampires living in a world where only they don't drink human blood. A story like that has great potential, although this one did to until it was written. It got two stars because it wasn't the worst book I have ever read but I most definitely didn't enjoy it.

It wasn't for me but don't let that discourage you from reading it if you don't mind the fact that it is poorly written and has an amazingly stupid main character. I will spare you all from a long drawn out rant about Bella's love interest. He got on my nerves just about as much as Bella did, and honestly I'm not in the mood to relive this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment